STATUS: OPEN (last updated 02/28/2018)
TITLE: Risk Management Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Risk Management
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- Bachelor of Science Degree required
- 5 to 8 years field experience in a safety-related field
- CSP Certification is preferred
- Bilingual speaking both English and Spanish
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent phone/ verbal skills
- Ability to work well with other employees
- Computer experience required, Apple products utilized
- Excellent typing skills
- Good organizational skills
- Microsoft Word – Intermediate skills
- Mac Operating System: Intermediate skills
- Excel: Intermediate skills
- PowerPoint: Intermediate skills
- Ability to work with a vast array of corporate and governmental clients
- Skills in performing public speaking such as public related events, seminars, meetings, etc.
- Human Resources Orientation
- All Applicable Departmental procedures
- Perform Health and Safety audits at client sites and produce reports
- Develop safety programs, plans, and training programs as needed to meet local, state, and federal Health and Safety regulations such as OSHA, EPA, and others
- Provide onsite consultation at retainer clients serving as their Health and Safety Department.
- Conduct Hazardous Materials, Incident Command, Hospital First Receivers, Confined Space/Rescue, and other training programs at selected client sites and at open registration classes
- Market to private industrial as well as governmental entities for Training services, Exercise Design and Conduct, as well as Safety/Environmental related services such as hospitals, chemical companies, private industry, and local emergency services, etc.
- Research OSHA and other regulations and provide interpretation as needed
- Provide support to the Crisis Management Division as needed such as exercise evaluations and facilitations.
- Travel to client sites or potential client sites for meetings, training sessions, or other related activities
- Develop training programs, safety programs, special projects, or other relative programs for clients based on their needs
- Travel will be approximately 50% in North Carolina and 20% outside of North Carolina and subject to change based on client demands.
- Coordinate and assure all data is recorded using the internal project management and client relation management programs.
- Submit expense and trip reports adhering to corporate policy
- Attend continuing education classes and seminars as it relates to this position
- Performs other reasonably related duties as assigned by immediate supervisors and other management as required